Mark A. Fernandez, CFA
Mark holds the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation. He managed and directed the investment process at our firm for many years, and now provides investment counsel and portfolio management services. Mark brings a diverse and deep background to our company. Formerly Chair of the Investment Committee, he remains a key member of that group. Mark has been active with the CFA Institute as a grader and participant on various regional and national education programs.
Born in Puerto Rico, Mark now resides in Portland, Maine with his wife, Anne. He has five adult children. Mark enjoys the outdoors, biking, coaching and culinary arts.
- Joined R.M. Davis in 1994
- UNUM Life Insurance Company, Director of Research
- Bank for Cooperatives, Springfield and Baltimore, Assistant Vice President
- Kidder Peabody, Inc., Springfield, Account Executive
- MassMutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Security Analyst
- Northeastern University, M.B.A.
- Syracuse University, B.S. in Biology
- CFA Institute
- CFA Society Maine, (past President)
- CFA Society Boston, Inc.
- Mitchell Institute, Board of Directors and Investment Committee Chair
- Adjunct Faculty, University of New England and University of Southern Maine
- The Portland Girls and Boys Club, Investment Committee
- United Way Foundation of Greater Portland, Board and Chair of Investment Committee (past)
- United Way of Greater Portland, Investment Committee (past)
- Greater Portland Landmarks, Board (past)
- cPort Credit Union, Board and Vice Chair (past)