George C. Carr, CFP®
George, a Certified Financial Planner™, came to R.M. Davis in 2015 having spent seven years in Boston working at Federal Street Advisors, an investment advisory and consulting firm. At Federal Street Advisors, he worked in multiple roles ranging from operations, trading, and portfolio administration to being a lead advisor providing investment advice and service to both families and non-profits.
While working in Boston, George earned his M.B.A. with honors from Boston University's Questrom School of Management, with a concentration in Finance. At R.M. Davis, George serves as a Portfolio Manager, providing investment and financial planning advice to individuals, families, non-profits and retirement plans. George also coordinates and conducts our annual Business of Life program which is geared toward educating the next generation in developing good financial habits.
George, his wife Molly, and their sons, Teddy and Oliver, reside in Yarmouth. George enjoys spending time with friends and family, playing golf, and going for runs with Molly and Hinckley, their yellow lab.
- Joined R.M. Davis in 2015
- Federal Street Advisors, Boston, Senior Client Advisor
- Boston University, M.B.A.
- Bates College, B.A. in Psychology, Minor in Economics
- Passed Investment Adviser Representative Series 65
- Rotary Club of Portland, Maine (past)
- The Fenn School, Board of Visitors
- Middlesex School Alumni Association, Board of Trustees
- Maine Estate Planning Council, Board of Directors
- Restorative Justice Institute of Maine, Treasurer, Board of Directors (past)