John D. Doughty
John leads our research analysts in all aspects of their work, from vetting companies of interest as investment possibilities to keeping our portfolio management team informed and guiding stock selection. He also manages client portfolios.
As Chair of the Investment Committee, John is responsible for the firm’s investment strategy. John specializes in energy, economics, and geopolitics, and presents regularly on global economic and market trends to business partners and others in the community.
John grew up in Maine and now lives in Falmouth Foreside with his wife and their daughter. He enjoys mountain biking, karate, geopolitics, military history, and collecting antique toys.
- Joined R.M. Davis in 2002
- Credit Suisse First Boston, New York City, Vice President of Equity Research and member of Institutional Investor magazine’s top-ranked U.S. Equities Telecommunications research team
- Bear Stearns, New York City, Vice President of Fixed Income Research and member of Institutional Investor magazine’s top-ranked U.S. Fixed Income Telecommunications, Media & Cable team
- Bath Iron Works, Senior Financial Analyst
- University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, M.B.A. in Finance and Marketing
- Bowdoin College, B.A. (cum laude) in History and Government and Legal Studies
- Economic Club of New York
- International Institute for Strategic Studies
- Chatham House, The Royal Institute of International Affairs
- Foreign Policy Association
- National Association of Petroleum Investment Analysts
- CFA Institute
- CFA Society Maine
- CFA Society Boston, Inc.
- Maine Historical Society’s Investment Committee and (past) Board of Trustees
- World Affairs Council of Maine’s Board of Directors, Program Committee, and (past) First Vice President
- Camden Conference's Board of Directors, Camden Conference Southern Maine Community Events Committee
- Portland Museum of Art, Investment Committee
- Pine Tree Council’s Investment Committee (past) and Board of Directors (past)
- Bowdoin College, Class Agent