Scot E. Draeger, J.D.
Scot serves as the President and General Counsel of R.M. Davis. He is the Chairman of the Management Committee and serves on the Company's Board of Directors. Scot is responsible for the oversight and direction of the Company's fiduciary services, business operations, risk management environment, and culture.
Scot currently serves on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Asset Management Advisory Committee, charged with analyzing and providing recommendations on global market developments that may present systemic risks for investors and capital market participants.
Scot joined R. M. Davis in 2017 after a career serving in senior legal, business, and management roles at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Citigroup's Corporate & Investment Bank, and as Chairman of the Financial Services, Securities, and Asset Management Industry Groups at Bernstein Shur, where he represented asset management firms, family offices, and institutional investors around the world in the full range of their corporate needs. His perspective, thought leadership, and counsel incorporates a scope and gravity of experience that is valued by the firm and its clients.
Scot grew up in a farm town in Ohio and now resides in Falmouth, Maine with his wife, Michelle, and their daughters Sofia Abigail and Ava Simone. When Scot is not working, he competes in triathlons, represents international political asylum seekers, coaches youth soccer, enjoys fly fishing and poetry, and is a fan of Big Ten football.
- Joined R.M. Davis in 2017
- Bernstein Shur – Chairman of the Financial Services, Securities, and Asset Management Industry Groups; Board of Directors; Strategic Planning Committee
- Citigroup Corporate & Investment Bank – Director and Senior Corporate Counsel, Citi Markets & Banking; Senior Vice-President, Investment Bank; General Counsel, Citi Fund Services
- U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission – Senior Counsel, SEC Office of General Counsel; Senior Counsel to SEC Commissioner Roel C. Campos
- George Mason University Law School – Adjunct Professor of Corporate and Securities Regulation
- University of Maine School of Law, J.D.
- University of Cincinnati, B.S., Law & Government
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Asset Management Advisory Committee
- American Bar Association - ABA Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities; ABA Subcommittees on Investment Companies and Investment Advisers, Hedge Funds, Derivatives and Futures Law, and the Annual Review of Federal Securities Regulation
- District of Columbia Bar Association – Corporation Finance and Securities Law Section
- Maine Bar Association
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Historical Society – Board of Advisors
- Immigration Legal Advocacy Project – Asylum Pro Bono Panel
- The Woodlands Club
- Falmouth Youth Soccer Association
- Episcopal Church of St. Mary, Falmouth, Maine
- Maine Justice Foundation – Board of Directors and Chairman of the Investment, Audit and Finance Committees (past)