- A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Prior work experience in the investment, stock brokerage, bank trust or portfolio management profession is desired.
- Strong analytical skills, ability and desire to work with numerical detail and related problem-solving.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to effectively master all aspects of computerized portfolio management and reporting software applications.
- Must project a professional image and enjoy working with the public. Strong oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal and relationship building skills are required.
- The ability to manage tight time frames and perform multiple and competing tasks efficiently and independently.
- Must be able to maintain a mature, collaborative, and problem solving demeanor in the workplace. This position interacts with all departments in the firm.
- Client and Portfolio Manager Service and Support (70%) - Responsible for quality client and manager assistance and support. This includes developing and maintaining strong, positive relationships with clients, managers, custodians, and third-party professionals. Responsible for responding directly to and assisting clients with a variety of potentially complex questions and requests including retirement plan payment options and required minimum distribution calculations. Implements client decisions. Attends and participates in client meetings and presentations. Has frequent interactions with clients and often serves as the client’s communication point person in the firm. Accurate and timely preparation of a wide variety of materials and analyses for clients and managers, including detailed financial planning illustrations, contracts, statistical graphs/charts, performance reports, requests for proposals, and other written communication items that may require additional research. Responsible for fulfillment of back up support to designated Portfolio Administrator/Portfolio Manager teams when the office is short staffed and in need. Responsible for delegating appropriate functions to the Client Services Associates team.
- Financial Database and Records Maintenance and Reporting (25%) - Responsible for accurately establishing, maintaining, transferring and closing client accounts including associated security cost basis work. Responsible for retaining computerized and paper account information including correspondence, contracts, and custodian documentation. Responsible for the generation and verification of materials to clients including quarterly reports, fee statements and any other special reporting requests made by clients or managers.
- Special Projects and Other Tasks as Requested (5%) - Handles special projects or other tasks such as gaining and maintaining expertise in certain operational or client service areas; operational efficiency research, study and implementation; implementation of new processes, procedures or software systems; and training of new staff. May serve on committees responsible for improving the client service, custodial relations, and/or operations of the company. Other tasks vary widely and include items such as special meetings with custodians as well as system and/or report testing. Works closely with and assists other departments in a wide range of tasks and projects as needed to enhance the work quality and success of the Company.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to the AVP – Portfolio Administration.
- Highly competitive salary
- Profit sharing & 401k plans
- Bonus payments
- Company paid employee health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Paid covered parking
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Professional office setting in downtown Portland location
A cover letter and resume are both required in order to be considered for this position.