Personal Affairs Management Administrator
- A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Must possess an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office® software. Prior experience using QuickBooks® accounting software is preferred.
- A working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, concepts and applications is needed.
- Prior experience handling financial and related tax matters for private individuals at a public accounting firm or bank trust department is preferred.
- Must exhibit and project professionalism, personal honesty, integrity and trustworthiness, and be bondable.
- Demonstrates strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills. Has a desire to work with, understand, and empathize with elderly clients and their specific needs.
- Able to make sound decisions and exercise independent judgment and discretion while managing tight timeframes and multiple, competing priorities.
- Maintains a mature, collaborative, and problem-solving demeanor in the workplace. Willing to do whatever is needed or helpful to enhance the work quality and success of the Company.
Personal Affairs Management Activities (70 - 95%)
- Responsible for ongoing direct service to personal affairs management clients of the firm, including services such as bill payment preparation, checkbook balancing, and personal budgeting.
- Responsible for regular travel to meet with clients in their homes or place of business. Makes oneself available to clients and other family members as needed, including outside of normal business hours.
- Responsible for coordination and organization of income tax return information. May also be asked to communicate directly with the client’s accountant/tax professional.
- Develops an understanding of governmental and private insurance programs, such as Social Security, Medicare and Medigap health insurance policies.
- Provides assistance with public and private bureaucratic paperwork and information. Assists with coordinating governmental and private health insurance benefits as needed.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with Portfolio Managers and Administrators. May be asked to attend and participate in current client or prospective client meetings.
- Responsible for complying with all compliance and custody regulations, policies and procedures that are adopted by the Company.
- Provides training to other employees of the Company in these services, as needed or deemed appropriate.
Support for Other Company Activities (5 - 30%)
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the Company’s other activities.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to Director of Wealth Management Services.
- Highly competitive salary
- Profit sharing & 401k plans
- Bonus payments
- Company paid employee health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Paid covered parking
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Professional office setting in downtown Portland location
A cover letter and resume are both required in order to be considered for this position.