finance & operations administrator
If you want to work with an industry leader, in a dynamic environment that fosters professional growth, we invite you to join our team. With over $6 billion in assets under management, R.M. Davis is Northern New England’s largest wealth management firm, with offices in downtown Portland, Maine and Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
R.M. Davis is looking for a dynamic and detail-oriented professional with a customer service mindset to join our expanding team as a Finance & Operations Administrator at our downtown Portland headquarters.
- Professional, friendly demeanor with client-first mindset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Confidence to complete tasks independently
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration preferred
- Financial or professional services business experience preferred
- Proficiency in accounting and finance principles and programs
- Prior experience using QuickBooks and ADP software preferred
Given the nature of our work, our administrative team plays an integral role in the success of our firm, and the work we do for our clients. The Finance & Operations Administrator role will serve as a hub – connecting employees, teams, and departments across the firm. They will perform a wide variety of high-priority tasks for the firm including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank recons, payroll, annual budgeting and preparation of various tax filings. They will also serve as the primary contact for all facility, technology and office equipment issues, including scheduling and overseeing all maintenance, repairs and facility projects.
Your Work Environment:
At R. M. Davis, teamwork is everything. Each day, we strive to deliver the very best we can for our clients, and we rely on our colleagues to help us reach this goal. Together, we create a network of support for each client that spans their wealth, financial, and personal needs.
This position is located in our Portland, Maine office. For more than forty years, R.M. Davis has been a vital and respected member of Portland’s business community. Our offices are in the historic Hay building in downtown Portland, just a few steps from the waterfront, restaurants, businesses and performance venues that define our city as one of America’s most vibrant. Among the many accolades Portland has recently received:
- Bon Appetit magazine named us their 2018 Restaurant City of the Year.
- Fodor’s named us one of their 52 global destinations in their 2020 Go List.
- Conde Nast Traveler recently profiled us in 14 Best Things to Do in Portland, Maine.
Why do people come to Portland? They like the big-city amenities in a small-city environment. There is easy access to the working waterfront, nearby beaches and, a little further off, lakes, mountains and excellent skiing. People in Portland truly get to know one another, and that familiarity makes living here a pleasure.
Your Company Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and annual bonus opportunity
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- 100% company-paid employee health insurance and disability insurance
- Generous paid time off, including paid parental leave
- Education reimbursement
- Company paid, covered parking
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Professional office setting in bustling downtown Portland
- Collaborative work culture
- Remote work options
This position is a non-exempt position and therefore qualifies for overtime pay.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
R.M. Davis, Inc.
Attn: Denise Vigneault
24 City Center
Portland, ME 04101