client services associate
R.M. Davis, Northern New England’s largest wealth management firm, is looking for a self-motivated professional with a customer service mindset to join our expanding team as a Client Services Associate at our downtown Portland headquarters.
At R.M. Davis, teamwork is everything. Each day, we strive to deliver the very best we can for our clients, and we rely on our colleagues to help us reach this goal. Together, we create a network of support for each client that spans their wealth, financial, and personal needs. These values – service, quality, and excellence – have been instilled in the firm since its inception 40 years ago.
Our clients trust us with their wealth, with their toughest questions, and with their most important decisions. They count on our team to help guide them through life’s critical moments. We seek team members who embrace this opportunity.
Headquartered in the heart of Portland, R.M. Davis is a proud member and contributor of the local community. Located just steps from restaurants, shops, entertainment, and other professional firms, our team enjoys an area that truly offers a “work, live, and play” environment.
Given the nature of our work, our administrative support team plays an integral role in the success of our firm, and the work we do for our clients. The Client Services Associate role is responsible for providing a broad range of internal administrative support to other staff members and managers in the provision of service to our clients. This support primarily involves the preparation of client and prospect meeting materials and presentations. In addition, this position prepares and distributes various forms of client correspondence including trade letters, quarterly newsletters and mass mailings. The Client Services Associate also provides assistance with quarterly reporting, external client events, maintaining office supply inventories and other project related work. This position also completes various other tasks including filing, scanning copying and binding.
The candidate should be/have:
- Professional, friendly demeanor with client-first mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Able to climb stairs and lift/carry up to 10 pounds
- A college degree and prior work experience in an administrative support role
- Proficient with Adobe as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Competitive compensation and annual bonus opportunity
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- 100% company-paid employee health insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid, covered parking
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Professional office setting in bustling downtown Portland
- Collaborative work culture
This position is a non-exempt position and therefore qualifies for overtime pay.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Denise Vigneault
24 City Center
Portland, ME 04101