Trust & Estate Specialist – Portland
R. M. Davis, Northern New England’s largest wealth management firm, is looking for a self-motivated professional with a customer service mindset to join our expanding team as Trust & Estate Specialist at our downtown Portland headquarters.
At R. M. Davis, teamwork is everything. Each day, we strive to deliver the very best we can for our clients, and we rely on our colleagues to help us reach this goal. Together, we create a network of support for each client that spans their financial and personal needs. These values – service, quality, and excellence – have been instilled in the firm since its inception 42 years ago.
Our clients trust us with their wealth, with their toughest questions, and with their most important decisions. They count on our team to help guide them through life’s critical moments. We seek team members who embrace this opportunity.
Headquartered in the heart of Portland, R. M. Davis is a proud member of and contributor to the local community. Located just steps from restaurants, shops, entertainment, and other professional firms, our team enjoys an area that truly offers a “work, live, and play” environment.
Given the nature of our work, our administrative team plays an integral role in the success of our firm, and the work we do for our clients. The Trust & Estate Specialist role manages the day-to-day operations of the trust department and facilitates the estate administration process for deceased clients’ individual and trust accounts. The Trust & Estate Specialist is responsible for certain trust administration tasks, including the preparation of trust accountings, fiduciary tax returns, and tax payments. This role also prepares or reviews trust summaries and correspondence with trust beneficiaries, including UTC notices.
The Trust & Estate Specialist is also responsible for certain estate administration tasks, including the review of wills, trust documents and beneficiary designations of deceased clients to determine estate structure and beneficiary asset distribution, and facilitates/prepares required estate paperwork, including termination letters and receipt and release forms.
The Trust & Estate Specialist position interacts directly with custodians and other external professionals, including attorneys, accountants and tax return preparers on related client work.
The candidate should have:
- Significant prior work experience in the areas of trust and estate administration
- Knowledge and understanding of trust and estate law and fiduciary principles
- Prior experience reviewing trust documents, fiduciary tax returns, and other related legal/tax documents
- Excellent interpersonal as well as oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to work with a variety of complex details
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a willingness to obtain a CTFA designation
- Competitive compensation and annual bonus opportunity
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- 100% company-paid employee health insurance
- Generous paid time off, including paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid, covered parking
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Professional office setting in bustling downtown Portland
- Collaborative work culture
The FLSA status for this position has not been finalized and will depend on the qualifications of the final candidate(s).
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
R. M. Davis, Inc.
Attn: Denise Vigneault
24 City Center
Portland, ME 04101