- A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Work experience in the investment, stock brokerage, bank trust or portfolio management profession is desirable.
- Good analytical skills, ability and desire to work with numerical detail and related problem-solving.
- Excellent keyboarding skills and facility in the use of a personal computer. Experience with and ability to quickly master various software applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics software. Ability to efficiently master all aspects of a computerized portfolio management and reporting software application(s).
- Must project a professional image and enjoy working with the public. Must have strong oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- The ability to cope with tight timeframes and juggle multiple and competing priorities with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to maintain a mature, collaborative, and problem solving demeanor in the workplace. Must be willing and able to do whatever is needed or helpful to enhance the work quality and success of the Company.
Client and Portfolio Manager Service and Support (70%) - Responsible for quality client and manager assistance and support. This includes but is not limited to developing and maintaining strong, positive relationships with clients, managers, custodians, and third-party professionals. Responsible for responding directly to and assisting clients with a variety of potentially complex questions and requests including retirement plan payment options and required minimum distribution calculations and payments. Implements client decisions. May assist with client meeting material preparation; attends and participates in client meetings and presentations; has frequent interaction with clients and often serves as the client’s communication point person in the firm. Is able to juggle multiple tasks and projects with little or no supervision by the manager.
Accurate and timely preparation of a wide variety of materials and analyses for clients and managers is necessary including but not limited to detailed financial planning spreadsheets (may be complex and non-formulaic), estate valuations, contracts, statistical graphs/charts, performance reports, requests for proposals, and other written communication items that may require additional research.
Responsible for fulfillment of back up support to designated Portfolio Administrator/Portfolio Manager(s) team or possibly other teams when the office is short staffed and in need. Responsible for delegating appropriate functions to the Client Services Associates team.
Financial Database and Records Maintenance and Reporting (25%) - Responsible for accurately establishing, maintaining, transferring and closing client accounts including associated security cost basis work. Responsible for accurately maintaining all computerized and paper account information including correspondence, contracts, and custodian paperwork. Responsible for the generation and accuracy verification of reports to clients including quarterly reports, fee statements, gain/loss reports, and any other special reporting requests made by clients or managers.
Special Projects and Other Tasks as Offered, Requested or Assigned (5%) - Handles special projects or needed tasks such as gaining and maintaining expertise in certain operational or client service areas; operational efficiency research, study and implementation; implementation of new processes, procedures or software systems; and training of new staff. May serve on committees responsible for improving the client service, custodial relations, and/or operations of the company. Other more general office tasks may vary widely and include items such as special meetings with custodians, planning celebrations, facility work, system and/or report testing. Works closely with and assists the Assistant Vice President for Client Service in a wide range of tasks and projects as needed to enhance the work quality and success of the Company. A high level of capability, responsibility, and collaboration in all areas is expected.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to the Portfolio Administrator Manager August 2015
Highly competitive salary · Profit sharing & 401k plans · Bonus payments · Company paid employee health insurance · Paid time off · Tuition reimbursement programs · Paid covered parking · Short and long term disability insurance · Professional office setting in downtown Portland location
A cover letter and resume are both required in order to be considered for this position.
Email your cover letter and resume here>>>