Portfolio Administrator – Portland
R. M. Davis, Northern New England’s largest wealth management firm, is looking for a self-motivated professional with a customer service mindset to join our expanding team as Portfolio Administrator at our downtown Portland headquarters.
At R. M. Davis, teamwork is everything. Each day, we strive to deliver the very best we can for our clients, and we rely on our colleagues to help us reach this goal. Together, we create a network of support for each client that spans their wealth, financial, and personal needs. These values – service, quality, and excellence – have been instilled in the firm since its inception 40 years ago.
Our clients trust us with their wealth, with their toughest questions, and with their most important decisions. They count on our team to help guide them through life’s critical moments. We seek team members who embrace this opportunity.
Headquartered in the heart of Portland, R. M. Davis is a proud member and contributor of the local community. Located just steps from restaurants, shops, entertainment, and other professional firms, our team enjoys an area that truly offers a “work, live, and play” environment.
Given the nature of our work, our administrative team plays an integral role in the success of our firm, and the work we do for our clients. The Portfolio Administrator role serves as our clients’ communication point person. In addition, they act as liaison between our clients and other professionals, including attorneys, accountants and custodians. The Portfolio Administrator performs a wide variety of high-priority tasks including the preparation of client materials such as financial plans, contracts, and custodial paperwork. They are also responsible for processing required minimum distributions, consolidating accounts, security cost basis work, and preparing statistical charts and other financial analyses. This position also supports the Portfolio Manager in all aspects of the client relationship, including attending and participating in client meetings.
The candidate should be/have:
- Professional, friendly demeanor with client-first mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business administration preferred
- Microsoft Office experience and the ability to learn various portfolio management software applications
- Prior client service experience in an investment, stock brokerage, bank trust or wealth management firm is preferred.
- Competitive compensation and annual bonus opportunity
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- 100% company-paid employee health insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid, covered parking
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Professional office setting in bustling downtown Portland
- Collaborative work culture
This position is a non-exempt position and therefore qualifies for overtime pay.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
R. M. Davis
Attn: Denise Vigneault
24 City Center
Portland, ME 04101